The Dup15q Alliance requires all Community members to adhere to this policy. The Dup15q Alliance defines the Dup15q Alliance Community as all families, board members, paid staff, volunteers, affiliated clinicians/scientists, funded researchers, donors and extended supporters who have registered to be part of Dup15q Alliance activities and communications.
The Dup15q Alliance is committed to our Mission: “Through our work to raise awareness and promote research into chromosome 15q duplications, we seek to find targeted treatments so that affected individuals can live full and productive lives. Together with our families, Dup15q Alliance is working towards a better tomorrow for children with chromosome 15q11.2-13.1 duplication (dup15q) syndrome.”
The Dup15q Alliance is committed to doing this in an environment that conforms to the highest ethical standards. This includes maintaining an environment free from any form of harassment, bullying, discrimination and retaliation related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, religious (or nonreligious) affiliation, politics, or any other personal characteristics
The Dup15q Alliance Community is expected to implement policies and practices that:
- Foster a harassment-free environment.
- Bring Solutions and Lead by Example.
- Be Inclusive and respectful of people with different cultural practices, attitudes and beliefs.
- Actively promote professional codes of conduct.
- Ensure employees are fully aware and regularly reminded of applicable laws, regulations, policies and codes of conduct.
- Provide an accessible, effective and easy process to report misconduct, with protection from retaliation.
- Do not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Respond promptly to allegations, protect the safety of all involved, investigate the allegations, and, if appropriate, impose sanctions.
- Do not violate another’s copyright or intellectual property.
- Do not upload files that contain viruses or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Do not advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless Dup15q Alliance specifically allows such messages.
- Do not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and participating on the Dup15q Alliance Parent Facebook page.
- Do not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
By using or accessing our social media pages, you agree to comply with Facebook’s Terms and Conditions.
Notification of Allegation
Your notification of any concerns is essential to us. We cannot help resolve a problem unless we know about it. Therefore, please bring any concerns to our attention as soon as possible so that we can take whatever steps are necessary to address the situation
The Dup15q Alliance requires the submission of notice within 10 days of any allegation involving a Dup15q Alliance Community member including:
- alleged breach of policies or codes of conduct;
- alleged breach of statutes, regulations or executive orders including those relating to sexual harassment or assault;
- any other alleged forms of harassment or misconduct.
Notification of Actions Taken
The Dup15q Alliance requires community members to submit notice within 3 days of any action involving a person working on Dup15q Alliance related business or grant with the foundation funds, including:
- placement of that person on administrative leave;
- imposition of an administrative action or sanction against that person;
- referral of the matter to an external investigative body (e.g., law enforcement);
- exoneration of that person.
Notifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns, please email the Dup15q Alliance Board of Directors at.
The Dup15q Alliance Board of Directors