This free, interactive course is designed as a part of the school nurse training program. The Epilepsy Foundation developed “Seizure Training for School Personnel” (CDC Course No. RPWD 2903) in response to the need for a consistent educational tool to help promote a positive social and educational environment for students living with seizures and epilepsy.
Seizure Training for School Nurses: Caring for Students is a program designed to provide the school nurse with information, strategies, and resources that will enable him/her to better manage the student with seizures by supporting positive treatment outcomes, maximizing educational and developmental opportunities, and ensuring a safe and supportive environment. The program consists of seven modules to assist the school nurse in learning to effectively manage seizures in a school environment.
Downloadable Seizure Action Plan with Emergency Seizure Care Instructions.
Downloadable the information sheet that can prepare you and others to recognize and respond to seizures.
– an overview of issues children might face and regulations that can protect them
– a comprehensive guide to help parents protect their children’s rights
- Information for your child’s school:
- Forms and communication tools that can help school nurses and teachers understand what epilepsy is and know what to do in case of a seizure
- Education Programs for school nurses and other school personnel available online or through your local Epilepsy Foundation