Dup15q Alliance Volunteer Opportunities
Parent to Parent Ambassador
Peer Support is a process in which reciprocal support is facilitated by one trained individual who shares his/her common life experience with another individual. Ambassadors will be equipped with fundamental skills and taught how to set appropriate boundaries to ensure that the emotional weight you carry doesn’t become too much to bear.
We are looking for ambassadors to serve on the following programs:
New Family Parent Ambassador
Families in Crisis Parent Ambassador
To serve as a Parent Ambassadors, individuals must meet the following requirements
- Have a school aged child (or older) diagnosed with dup15q.
- Have a dup15q diagnosis for 2 years or more.
- Commit to Quarterly Meetings
- Commit to 1 year of service
- Complete Peer Support Training provided by the Alliance in partnership with Child Neurology Foundation (CNF)
Dup15q Alliance will support Parent Ambassadors by:
- Providing training through CNF’s Peer Support Program
- Providing Dup15q volunteer email address
- Providing accessible resources and information from Dup15q Alliance or our trusted partners to support your peers.
- Providing access to the Dup15q Alliance counselor to help maintain the emotional well‐being of our peer support specialist.
Next Training Session is set for early 2023.
International Committee (European Task Force)
Status: Open to volunteers
Dup15q Alliance International Committee Chair: Carlos Romero
Host a Dup15q Family Gathering
Give the gift of connections by hosting a Dup15q Family State/Regional Gathering.
These get-togethers offer families the opportunity to make new friends, renew old ties, and spend some relaxed time together with other families. Past organizers have said it only takes a couple of hours to plan spread over a few weeks.
It is a unique opportunity to spend time with families who completely understand the challenges and joys of raising a child with a dup15q syndrome.
For more information or to sign up to host a gathering contact email@example.com
The Sunshine Committee is made up of Parents, Extended Family Members, Friends, and Professionals. The Dup15q Alliance is so thankful for all of our volunteers who bring a little sunshine to the lives of our dupers! Each committee members is responsible for sending out birthday cards member of the Alliance with dup15q syndrome. You will be asked to send cards several times a year.
General Volunteer Opportunities
Dup15q Alliance is currently recruiting volunteers for the following: