“Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure, you are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.”
In Loving Memory of Colleen Bruton
For all who have asked–here is Sean’s “Words of Remembrance” for Colleen ❤ Here Goes Nothing.
The wonderful Wizard of Oz once said…“A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.”
Colleen’s journey down the yellow brick road began 27 years ago when my family welcomed this beautiful and special girl into our world. We had already experienced our own big TWISTER with Patrick…And along came Col filling that void in so many of our hearts. Much like Dorothy with her braids and love for doggies, bringing joy and excitement to Munchkin Land – Was Colleen – bringing even more joy and excitement to the Bruton’s, Craig’s and everyone in between. Dorothy was in search of 4 things…BRAINS, COURAGE, HEART and HOME. These are 4 things that Colleen has instilled in all of us. For all of our BRAINS that are questioning how something like this could happen to someone like Col… May we hold onto the Happy Memories…they are what will get us through.
- The many Rides on the TramCar at the Boardwalk in Wildwood.
- Her Love of Horses and getting to ride at Thorncroft.
- The Hundreds of Dolls…each with their own special name. Some Big Lots Brand, Some Actual Mattel Brand.
- The Pure excitement of Sour Cream on Nachos and her love of Wings thanks to Brian And Jenna.
- Our Numerous Mountain trips and Train Rides at Knoebels.
- Her laughter and joy watching her 4 nieces get in trouble with Gigi and Pops…well let’s face it…mostly just Abby and Evy.
- And The bizarre fascination with Lawrence Welk, and the drama of COPS…BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS.
For all of us searching for COURAGE. This will take time. Courage doesn’t always ROAR…Sometimes Courage is a quiet voice saying – I will try again tomorrow. The Wizard also said, “HEARTS will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.” For all of our HEARTS that are broken, may they be filled with the Love that Col always gave.
So Colleen…as you click your heels to go HOME…with all who went before you… May you enjoy Cocktail Hours with Nana and Pop-Pop, while watching Wheel of Fortune with Pop-Pop and Mom-Mom. And be sure to Celebrate St. Patty’s Day…EVERYDAY…with our beloved Patrick. May your troubles melt like lemon drops way above chimney tops…and be sure to always remember… “I’ve Heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason….bringing something we must learn… and we are led to those, who help us grow…if we help them in return.” Who can say if We’ve been changed for the better? …but because We knew you… We’ve been changed for Good.” Your Face is still at the Heart of Our Everything….We love you Col!!!!!!!!